15 July 2009

Escape Plans

I was really "to my point" today when I received the glad tidings that we WILL be taking a one-week vacation after all. Oh joy and gladness! The good news jogged my memory of a little book that has brought Melinda and me many smiles and fun: How to Draw a Clam: A Wonderful Vacation Planner, by Joy Sikorski. This clever "retro" artist/author announces: "If you believe that one should always be on vacation as a matter of principle . . . This Book Is For You."

Following is a test called "How to know if you need a vacation" . . .


1. Does the sound of a bird singing get on your nerves?
2. Have you recently announced with vehemence, "I don't give a hoot about anybody!"
3. Do you believe that no amount of money can compensate for the sacrifice you make just showing up each day?
4. Do you tend to embellish? Did you say to someone, "There's a terrible storm in the 26th floor conference room?"
5. Does the motto "Revive the Muumuu" stirl longings in your breast?


If more than one is answered YES, you too, need a vacation. . .

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Oh dear....thanks for the laughs this morning. Wish I were laughing with you! I think #3 is my "yes" today! :)
Have fun in TX!

Related Posts with Thumbnails