23 October 2008

Up for Interpretation

Some of you know that I have a history of pretty strange dreams that I sometimes remember in great detail . . . I recently came across this 2006 account that I had totally blocked out: "Another one of my bizarre dreams came last night. I was living in a house of terrorists/aliens, but I was considered "family." I kept moving from room to room because there were "dangerous" people coming. At one point, I went to warn Amanda, but I could barely hear her voice. She was trying to tell me that something was happening to her--I saw her from behind and she looked like a toddler. When I turned her around, she barely had a face anymore and was withering up. The next thing I knew, there was some kind of raid and I was hiding in an outdoor flower bed on the side of the house--a raised, brick one that had been built, but had nothing planted in it. I was lying on my side when STEVE MARTIN came and sat on the edge of the flower bed. He didn't seem surprised at all to see me, and we began a nice conversation until a couple of policemen came along. They never saw me, and didn't bother with Steve since he was a celebrity. When they finally left, Steve told me that he had always wanted to meet me and had enjoyed seeing my work! I told him I had only been on "poop" shows and didn't know how he had ever seen me . . . but he had, and wanted to get to know me better and that was the end of the dream." The only possible "trigger" I recorded was that I had watched "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" before going to bed. Recently I was telling David that I wish God would give me some real dreams like Joseph (thus the "technicolor coat") However, upon further consideration, maybe I should keep my dreams to myself lest someone throw me into a big cistern. I dreamed abouta cistern once, like the one on Petticoat Junction . . .

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails