06 November 2008

Love You Rainor Shine!

At first I thought this was a picture of Rainor's recent incident with Vicks Vapor Rub, but on closer examination he was just stomping around in a few rain puddles--at 15 months, life is full of new discoveries every day! This fall, we've been hanging out every Monday while Anna is in school, but tonight we're having a sleepover . . . hopefully heavy on the sleep since he's been sick all week! We read one "[k]" after another, danced with The Wiggles (I'm gonna have to investigate those four Aussies), and were mesmerized on Netflix Instant by Hopla (a Flemish-Belgian 3D cartoon for infants). Speaking of dancing, I gotta getta video of this little guy's moves--he dances like a beatnik* --I think he has inherited Pops' dancin' machine gene! I really should be snoring right now,but I keep reflecting on my 17 year-old nephew's Facebook status last week: "Even my worst days ain't that bad." Amen, Andy Rose!

* Beatniks were before my era. A cool 50's youth culture.Wore berets and turtle necks. Hung out in coffee shops playing bongos and reciting poetry (and experimenting with marijuana).Pre-dates the hippie movement by about 15 years. Alen Ginsberg and Jack Keruoac were beatniks. So was the character named Maynard G. Krebs on the 1960's Dobie Gillis Show...

3 comments:

KyTexBeth said...

Are you gonna tell us about the Vicks Vapo-Rub incident? It sounds reminiscent of Amy Waggener's Vaseline & sequins adventure about 33 years ago...

Its Lainee said...

no biggee--he was just doing his job as a toddler--a little experiment rubbing Vicks all through his hair--it only took about four shampoos to undo!

Nanette R. said...

What a cutie! Definitely share a video of his dancing sometime soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails