15 November 2008

Thankful for Simple Gifts

I'm warming my toes next to the fireplace, enjoying the first cheery fire of the season, sipping Ginger tea, and thinking how yummy it feels to be home. I might just close my eyes for a little cat nap . . . but then I remembered a picture I snapped in September when I visited Cafe du Monde in New Orleans. I rememeber thinking how lovely it was to be sitting on a covered patio sipping coffee and eating beignets with my daughter and new son-in-law. At the same moment I looked over and saw this cute little Asian man, perfectly at rest amid all the clanking dishes, touristy conversations and sidewalk musicians. Taking a few moments each day to come to rest and enjoy simple pleasures, fills our lives with riches that can't be taken away and shouldn't be taken for granted.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

is he asleep there in the middle of all that noise? that's truly a gift!

Its Lainee said...

yep, his head was bobbin'!

robin said...

i love this pic! brings back fond memories...
and, i love what you said about being thankful for simple gifts. i'm going to be purposeful in doing just that this Christmas season instead of getting lost in the materialistic mayhem!

Related Posts with Thumbnails