27 June 2009

Celebrating the Two-year old Mind (or how to entertain a grandmother)

Pretending to sleep in his playhouse

Unloading the animals from the toy zoo



Discovering "Lainee's" bubble machine
(click arrow to play video--there's a volume "slider" next to the orange square if the bubble machine is too "woud" for your ears)

I could follow Rainor around with a camera everytime we're together (well I guess I do), just to capture the fun little discoveries he makes week by week. As a former pediatric speech therapist, it's been a blast to track his early language development and the evolution of pretend play and problem solving from Birth to Two. Rainor has loved bubbles for a long time, but on this visit, I found the bubble machine from Amanda's wedding reception. I love how he would retreat to his doormat "fortress" when he wasn't so sure----"Woud" sounds really bug him, but not enough to permanently stop the bubbles--"(A)g'in!" This went on for almost half an hour. Isn't it amazing how easily toddlers (and grandmothers) are entertained?

5 comments:

KyTexBeth said...

I'm guessing you didn't need to use soap in his bath that night!

Kelly Bourque said...

I love it..."woud, woud....agin..."

so cute. you think we could arrange something between him and lucy in say...20 or so years? :)

JAY S. said...

Yeah, he is a 10 piece bucket of cute. The Rainor Man rules!

Lynn Marie Kramp said...

Just now watching Rainor and the bubbles, and he makes me smile, even after a battle with my printer (it won). And I have to say I'm so proud of you for posting VIDEOS!!

Kristi said...

I can't stop watching this....

Related Posts with Thumbnails