15 January 2009

What Was I Thinking?

I've seen alot of pictures of myself over the last fifty-two years, but this one kind of freaks me out. The original is really small--a little 2 X 3 BW glossy taken with a Kodak Brownie--so teeny and faded that you need a magnifying glass to definitively identify which sister it is (individual pics of middle kids are rare). I never looked at it that closely until my hunt for a baby shower picture uncovered some old family photos I either snitched or copied. The freak-out began when I scanned some of the pictures to my laptop. Surely you're more adept than I am at editing and formatting pictures, but I haphazardly zapped and zoomed until suddenly, I was being stared down by an 8 1/2 X 11 of my own mini-bugged-out eyeballs (adjacent to some elfin ears and a suspicious Vulcan-like hand signal)! Then I had this really odd feeling . . . what was I thinking? My earliest childhood memories are just "flashes" of my Grandaddy Everett eating pickles in a big chair with a lacey doilie on the headrest . . . guess I'll never know what was happening in that little grapefruit for the three years before that. Hmm . . .

4 comments:

KyTexBeth said...

You were thinking, "Uh, oh, this is gonna come back to haunt me in 50 years or so...."

Its Lainee said...

Amy Rose wrote, [Mother] was thinking...wow what were we thinking when Suzy was six months old and they had a little extra time on their hands on Edloe?" Wala...the elf eared baby was made!!!! Take it easy. oxoxarose

Pam said...

This an amazing blog you have inspired me,

Pam

Anonymous said...

I love you, Elaine, but no chills!

Related Posts with Thumbnails