30 September 2008

Sisterhood of Unraveling Rants

Oh, how I needed last weekend . . . I was feeling over-scheduled, wound up and wrung out . . . but it only took five friends and a one-hour drive with the top down for my soul to begin s-l-o-w-l-y unwinding. Thought we were going to a rustic cabin, not The Potter's House, a beautiful farmhouse overlooking a small, quiet lake. Thank God for wild mushroom soup, enormous omelets, chipotle patty melts and Riesling--my tastebuds were satisfied to the max. Thank God for Balderdash, Ellen and Steve Carrell--my seratonin level hasn't been higher in a while. Thank God for time to walk, kayak, draw, write, and read . . . and just sit. Thank God for hours and hours to talk and process and imagine and pray! What surprised me most was the sweet peace that followed me all the way home and into this new week. Wouldn't trade it, or the love in that place or my heart!

2 comments:

Nanette R. said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm glad you had a weekend like that and hope that the effects carry you for many weeks to come! Beautiful photo, too!

Jen Stadler said...

That tractor broke down by the way... and started smoking. Ruined the peaceful kayaking of Maryanne and Melinda. What? No mentions about the cats? or some of the great book options? But, I guess that would be a different kind of post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails