08 September 2014

Bad Attitude: The Wonder of "The Taj"



Some people just don't value wonder like they should. My husband is in India for the third time, and was not excited when his team added an extra day to visit the Taj Mahal

"But it's one of the seven wonders of the world!" I declared, as if he didn't know anything.

"I guess I have a bad attitude" he conceded. "It's a four hour drive right after flying eighteen hours" (not counting layovers between the three flights).

"You have to go, as long as you're in the neighborhood," I encouraged. "Most people never get to see any of the seven wonders . . ."

At the time, I didn't realize that the Taj Mahal is actually not one of the original seven wonders of the ancient world. Most of those no longer exist, according to National Geographic Kids.

"The Taj" as it is called by those really in the know, was one of the New Seven Wonders winners in 2000, at the change of the millennium. It was #7 on the list.

When is the last time you saw something that made you feel admiration, amazement or awe? What place would you add to the New7Wonders list? It could be a spot in your own neighborhood. In my opinion, one can find wonder just about anywhere. Don't tell my husband. He already has a bad attitude.

1. Giza Necropolis (Egypt)
2. Great Wall of China (China)
3. Petra (Jordan)
4. Colosseum (Italy)
5. Chichn Itza (Mexico)
6. Machu Picchu (Peru)
7. Taj Mahal (India)
8. Christ the Redeemer (Brazil)


Admit it. You LOVED it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails